I’ve written numerous times on this blog about miles and points. I’m a bit obsessed with them, but for good reason – a family of four who wants to travel internationally from Argentina can expect to pay a LOT of money. That is where miles and points come in. They give our family the opportunity to travel without spending thousands of dollars each time we do it.
This latest offer from Milepoint, one of the premier frequent flyer forums on the web, is one that I just took advantage of and I think many of you may find useful. For $49.95, you’ll get their premium membership which includes a lot of frequent traveler goodies, including:
- Hilton Gold Status: this is the best mid-tier hotel status you can get and gives you free breakfast, internet and occasional upgrades
- 1,000 United miles: at least $20 in value
- National Car Rental Executive Status: better car rentals and free upgrade
- Pointshound Level 2 Membership: earn bonus miles from hotel stays
- Hyatt gift card discount: 10% off Hyatt gift cards (up to $5000) which can be used for stays, incidentals and spas.
- Many other discounts on gear, frequent flyer programs, etc. like AwardWallet Plus, InsideFlyer.com, and UsingMiles
The full list of partners and discounts is on their site, but if you’re traveling at all it’s pretty easy to see how easy it will be to get your money back.
We have a February trip to The Conrad Punta del Este (on points), and with Hilton Gold status that means we’ll be getting free breakfast for two, free Internet ($20/day), possible lounge access and potential room upgrade. I’d estimate this at over $300 in value for this trip alone! We’re also looking at some Hyatt stays next year (on points), and 10% off gift cards will be good for incidentals charges.
Hurry up and get your membership now though. Last year when they ran this promotion it sold out within 3 days.
And for those of us in Argentina, check out the 20% off Scottevest. These look like the perfect clothing for iPhone and iPad smuggling.